duminică, 18 martie 2012

Fall 1616-1620

The autumn always had its special charm at the countryside.The long lonely moments spent in the woods, the cool breeze, the wild perfume of life.


Athelina never thought someday she will come to appreciate those things. but here she was, wandering through the paths, simply enjoying the solitude.After her marriage to René de Lorraine her eventful life simply seemed to dry up.The balls, the dances, the jewellery the courtesy ... everything remained there, at the Royal Court.

Photobucket


And now here she was, at her husband's countryside residence, away from everything that meant her life until now.And she couldn't believe she didn't miss all those beautiful and ephemeral things.

Photobucket


She couldn't say she was happy.But she was content with the life she had now.The Baron respected her, letting his young wife do almost everything she wanted.Well, almost everything, because they couldn't appear at the Court.


In her first year of marriage Athelina dropped the fashionable gowns and adopted simpler dresses, in which she could work around the house along with the servants.

Photobucket


Bu the first snow of that year, the new Baroness de Lorraine was already pregnant with her first child.Now, that the night became longer and days shorter, Athelina loved spending her time playing chess, discussing with her husband or weaving.

Photobucket


In 1618 she gave birth to a healthy baby girl, whom they named Jacqueline and although the young mother was quite nervous about the delivery, the midwife managed to calm her and drive away all her fears when she put the baby in Athelina's arms.Even if it had been a painful experience, the Baroness knew that the midwife's words were a distressing truth: "Don't worry ma'am.It's always the hardest with the first one.By the time you'll give birth to your tenth, you won't feel anything anymore".She still hoped she won't have to bear so many children.

Photobucket


All this time, in the kitchen, escaping notice, Barbe, the Baron's childhood friend, spent her days dividing her existence between cooking, gossiping with the bounders from the nearest village and dreaming of an easygoing life.

Photobucket

Photobucket

4 comentarii:

A Bundle of Joy spunea...

Well... it sure sucks to be Athelina de Lorraine. She has to give birth to TEN! XD

I hope Barbe someday could really get an easy-going life. Perhaps, she can marry a Protestant clergyman and have kids with him. Then, she could enjoy a middle-class lifestyle as Mistress of the House.

Keep going on your blogging. It really keeps me interested. In my game, I have started up the Warwickshire Challenge and quitted the Warwickshire Challenge numerous times. Gah! I just loathe the loading times with so much CC in my Downloads folder!

So I've deleted my medieval downloads and the neighborhood (Veronaville). Then again, you inspire me to create my own Warwickshire. So, here's the deal: I could create a new neighborhood with the old Pleasantview townies/NPC's. In this 'hood, I am going to just build a Shakespearean neighborhood from scratch. Everything is going to be made without any custom content at all, because I normally play that way. The East Side of Verona will have Tudor-style houses, and the West Side of Verona will have Mediterranean Villa-style houses. Add some community lots to fit the style, and ding! A complete neighborhood! The Prince will live in a Georgian-style manorhouse in Verona. The Capulets and Montagues are the two noble families that would be fighting with each other. Then there will be three or merchant families. Lastly, there will be four peasant families, two of which work for Lord Capulet of Avonia and two of which work for Lord Montague of Morakka.

So, whaddya think? ;)

Auteur des Rêves spunea...

Well, Athelina doesn't really have to give birth to ten children (but maybe she will ... I don't know ... I really don't want her to die and giving birth to so many children can be quite dangerous ... at least with this challenge), but from now on she has to live the life of a countryside noble and that means she has to to settle for those aspects (like ... no balls for her, no jewellery and so on).Well, at least for now, because I kind of have an idea for a new chapter ...

I read your website too ^^ Can't wait to see the stories updated
=^.^=

A Bundle of Joy spunea...

Actually, I think I would like to make my Verona neighborhood not another Warwickshire Challenge. During playing, I really don't want to flip pages of text, carefully read information from the tables and paragraphs, and record information while I'm playing the game. I just want to play. So, I am going to make Verona a regular Sims 2 neighborhood, very similar to Pleasantview or Strangetown and especially similar to Veronaville. While EA gets inspired from Shakespeare to make Veronaville in ca. 2004, I get inspired from Shakespeare to make Verona in 2012.

By the way, this Google account stores my Strangetown stories. Just click on my name, and you can read them! :-D

Auteur des Rêves spunea...

Interesting idea.I would love to read more ^^
By the way, I already read your stories from Strangetown ^.~ I liked them.

Trimiteți un comentariu